New Science Teacher Academy Application Deadline: July 1, 2011
If you’re a second- or third-year secondary science teacher, don’t miss the deadline, July 1, to apply to NSTA’s New Science Teacher Academy. The Academy supports its Fellows through mentoring and other professional development resources during their initial, challenging second and third years of teaching. Striving for quality science teaching, enhanced teacher confidence, classroom excellence, and solid content knowledge, the Academy provides the following benefits:
• Full membership in the National Science Teachers Association
• Access to the web-based content development and pedagogy activities and resources including web seminars led by national experts
• Use of vetted science websites, state and national standards sites, other professional organizations, safety tips, and more
• E-mentoring with an experienced teacher in the same science discipline and grade band
• Access to a nationwide, online network of science educators and scientists for exchange of information, ideas, and resources
• Participation in a Research Dissemination Conference or a Professional Development Institute
• Paid accommodations, airfare, meals, and registration fees to attend the NSTA National Conference on Science Education
Who is Eligible?
• Applicants must reside in the United States
• Applicants must be entering their second or third year of teaching
• Applicants must be working a schedule with 51 percent of their classes in middle or high school science
Download and complete an application (www.nsta.org/academy) to become a Fellow in the New Science Teacher Academy. July 1, 2011 is the deadline for receipt of all applications.