What are the different Challenge Entry Streams?
Individuals or teams of up to 4
- PBS KIDS Prize: design math based learning video games for children in grades pre K – 4, taking inspiration from the success of the PBS KIDS Go website (Learn More, Microsite, PBS KIDS Prize Rules).
- Middle School Prize: design STEM based learning video games designed for grades 5-8 (Learn More, Middle School Prize Rules).
- High School Prize: design STEM based learning games for children in grades 9-12 (Learn More, High School Prize Rules).
- Sesame Street Prize: design STEM based learning video games inspired by Sesame Street’s very own curriculum (Learn More, Sesame Street Prize Rules).
Entrants will compete for
- Funds: a pool of $40k in seed money for the refinement, research, marketing and distribution of your game
- Research: The Joan Ganz Cooney Center research team will work with the winners to identify potential scalable outcomes of the submission
- Expertise: Additional advice will be offered from industry experts
- Publicity: Recognition in press, online channels and select publications